Monday, December 29

He's Gone, Again....

It's harder this time around. I am alone with the girls this time around. My entire family is out of town right now, parents in Chicago, brother in Mexico. It's just harder this time. Before I had Judy here to keep my mind busy and the first two months I went non-stop from activity to activity. It also doesn't help that it's winter right now and I haven't been going out as much before he arrived.

His visit was wonderful, but far too short and went by far too fast. We had barely a day to sit and do nothing. We had two family portrait sessions in two weeks. Three family dinners in two weeks. One dinner out alone,a dinner out with my family, and a dinner out with just his family. We also had Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house and Christmas dinner here at our house. Both dinners were delicious. The girls received way too many presents from everyone. We had Lilly's play to go to and Kale spent a day volunteering at the school. We had a morning of baking with the kids, Meme, and Judy. The women went out shopping the morning after Christmas. Kale took the girls to the movies twice they saw Bolt and The Tale of Despereaux. It was a busy busy two weeks but it was a happy two weeks.

Thankfully Delilah and Sophia are better. Delilah hated her meds and they had to be force fed to her or hidden in food. FUN! She has also not regained her appetite as of yet. Hopefully she will get it back soon.


I leave you with our second family photo shoot:


Kale, David, and Judy


In-Laws David and Judy


Delilah didn't want to hold still but sat still when we sat her on the sled.

Sophia and her silly smile.


Aidan's sillier smile.


Lilly


This isn't the best one of the four of them, but it's the funniest.


Four generations of Kale's family. His Dad David and his grandma Margaret aka Nanny.

6 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

The girls are so pretty!

Stephanie said...

Great pics! It's so hard when they leave again. You are such a strong woman--doing it by yourself with four beautiful daughters. I am so glad you got some time with him, alone even, for a little while. It's those moments that keep you going!

Jennifer said...

hi.

first things first... well not really, i'm not sure what i should talk about first, so well lets start with the beginning of your post...

i'm sorry that Kale had to leave already... it seems like he JUST got here... and I'm sure it feels even more like that to you. :( that sucks. when is he home for good?? I thought this was about mid-tour for him, so he should be home in a few months... at least that would be nice and that is what I'm hoping for. I can't imagine how hard it was to have him leave AGAIN and also not having anyone else around... well besides the girls... who are probably sad too. :( As I always say... I wish we lived closer, I would come cheer you up, or at least keep you company and help out with the girls.

When do your parents come home?? and is Judy scheduled for a visit any time soon?? I know she kind of drives you crazy... but at least it gives you something to think about for a little while other than Kale missing. :( And I also know that you and Judy do love one another.

Onto a happier subject... but still IMPORTANT!! wow!!

~THE PICTURES~

wow. I LOVE them. I love them all, I love the ones that you had done with your family too, of course, but my absolute MOST FAVORITE picture hands down is the one of all four girls... I LOVE the face that Sophia is making. They are just so beautiful too. I had to show these pictures to my friend last night to show off how adorable your girls are. and four of them so perfect. amazing.

those pictures are great. i love how Delilah sat so still on the sled... that is too funny. maybe you should get one for at home so if you need a minute you can just put her on it and know right were she is. ;)

I think that Lilly and Aidan are looking so much alike in these last group of pictures... I didn't always think that... but I see so much of them in each other. :)

beatiful family. you are truly blessed. and hopefully Kale will have home soon. :S

Lots of love and hugs!! xoxoxox

Stephanie said...

That Chick Over There: Thanks!

Stephanie: Thanks also! It's hard and I am glad I had some time with him. I never knew how strong I could really be until he left.

Jennifer: It is mid-tour, he will be home the beginning of June. 6 more months.

My parents got home last night, I am going over there later today. My aunt invited Lilly and her friend V to spend the night at her house tonight. She works for Penske and they are on their extended winter break due to the current predicament the auto industry is in. At least her job is not in jeopardy. Aidan and Sophia are going to spend the night with my mom tonight. My dad is working all night, so she will be alone.

Judy and David just left and I am not sure when/if she plans on coming back before Kale gets home for good. She has trips planned the beginning of this year. Florida in Feb. and in April they are going to DC.

It would be nice to have you live close by. The kids would have a blast playing together.

I love that picture of Delilah, it's hard to get her to smile. She is very very busy, she hardly ever sits still when she is awake. :P

Thanks a lot for the encouragement!

Jennifer said...

i'm here. of course i should be doing a million other things... like cleaning my house, but honestly i'm done with that crap. i have had enough of cleaning the same damn thing over and over and then still needing to clean it again.

SO... I thought I'd stop by and just see how you are doing. it sounds like things are a little better, since your parents are home and the girls have some plans... that at least gets you out of the house and doing something. so that is good. :)

If you really want something to do while the kids are off from school, come to NY. I would love to meet all of you in person.

How great would that be?? wow. I don't really have an extra bedroom or two or three, but we could figure something out... Bryan could always leave and go some where and it could be us girls and Trevor, but since he is five he doesn't really count. lol

Anyway... one day we will meet up.
I hope you enjoy some time with your family and feel a little better about Kale being gone again.

Six months should start to go faster once we get through this freakin' winter. I hate winter... it is so depressing, well at least for me... after the holidays are over it is just cold and nasty out and not much to look forward to besides SPRING!!

hope that didn't bum you out any more than you are... sorry this was meant to make you feel better... duh!! :P

well I have to go usher the kids to bed... this should be fun... they were just told they had a few minutes before bedtime and they were blowing a gasget about it... ugh. the drama is unreal sometimes.

have a good night... I'll be back to check in on you. :)

xoxoxoxox

United Studies said...

You have the most photogenic family!

I am sorry that time went so fast for you and Kale. Sending some big hugs....