Monday, December 22

Sickness is Running Rampent

Delilah was up all night. When we left our house yesterday at 4:30pm to go to Famous Dave's for Kale's belated birthday dinner she was fine. By the time she entered the restaurant she was screaming in pain and burning up. I held her for awhile, then my mom walked her around until she feel asleep. We had given her Tylenol before we left the house but the fever burned on even so. She slept on my mother and I all though dinner (thankfully) so dinner was bearable. We left as soon as we paid as she had woken up and was screaming and still burning up. Rich (a family friend and doctor) suggested we get Ibuprofen instead and give that to her. We picked some up and gave it to her right away, by the time we were home the fever was gone and she was happy. We put her to bed at 9pm and by 11pm when we crawled into bed she was up screaming her head off. She was up crying or watching tv with Kale all night long. I think she finally slept from 2am to 7am.

Luckily yesterday at lunch time Sophia cried and cried her ear hurt. So I made appointments for both her and Delilah to be seen today, just in case. I knew they wouldn't be working in the next couple of days so it was just smart to be safe. Sure enough they both have double ear infections, lucky lucky us. Poor girls are miserable. I spent the day shopping with my mom and Meme, so Kale had to deal with them all day alone. Which I don't feel any guilt about at all, as I had to deal with the 3 days of sleepless nights, diarrhea, and vomiting all alone a few months ago. By the time I got home Delilah was exhausted you could see the bags under her eyes. Hopefully she will sleep tonight, tomorrow is a busy busy day. I just hope the meds have kicked in by tomorrow, enough to keep her mellow and get her feeling a little better. Poor baby. :(

1 comment:

United Studies said...

Yeah, it has been slowly running through our house, too. It's awful.