Friday, December 12

IsToday REALLY Friday???

I lost track of the week. It happens to me a lot.

I am feeling down today, I think it's my hormones.

It also can't help that Lilly has her first C EVER. I have not been impressed with her substitute teacher one tiny bit. I am very pleased this is her last week and Mrs. Fitz will be back from maternity leave after the break. I mean seriously, I am not one to say it's the teacher's fault my kid is screwing up, but in this case it's both of them. Honestly it's her job to make sure that all of Lilly's work is accounted for, to at least let me know that Lilly is not getting things turned in. I agree that Lilly should be responsible for her own work, but she always has been and all of the sudden she is having problems? Sounds fishy to me. I have never been a mom who goes behind her and makes sure everything is done and done properly, she doesn't need that. What she does need is encouragement to work harder on some of her assignments that are done in school, I can't be there to tell her to go back a second time after she rushes through an assignment. If she is consistently rushing one particular type of assignment, which she is, then the teacher should realize this and encourage her to try harder. I can only do so much groundings and such at home for it. AND I only find out about it on Fridays, not the day she does the assignment.

I am just irritated. I spoke to the teacher and I am not happy with her even more now. Lilly has three missing assignments and she doesn't seem to care. And the fact that they were missing from November is even more irritating as I just found out today. She was all "What do you want from me?" Finally I just said I wanted her to find the missing assignments, I am sure Lilly forgot to put her name on them, she is just not the type of kid to not turn things in. SO she wants a list of them and she will let Lilly redo them. Whatever, that's fine. Wouldn't want her to do any actual work to find papers that may have no name on them.

I am also so very sick of Aidan and her back talk. It takes A LOT of restraint on my part not to smack her mouth, which is what my mom did to me when I back talked. And everytime I say something to her about it she bursts into tears, she is going to be lovely while pms'ing.

Sophia seems to be getting louder and louder each passing day. And she can go from happy to tantrum in less than 2 seconds. Sometimes my head spins it happens so quickly and for no good reason at all. And her sisters seem to enjoy making her screech. FUN!

Can you tell I need a break? I need him home, I need sleep, I need to recoop.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Parenting alone is so hard. It does sound so much like you need a break.

When will he be home?

Hang in there on the school front. I'm not usually one to step in for my kids, either. I fully believe it's their responsibility to get things done, and I tend to view their need to deal with difficult teachers a "life lesson", because there will be many more difficult people as time goes on. But I also have found that sometimes there are personality conflicts, or just plain conflicts, that don't contribute much to their ability to learn. That's frustrating. Freddy had one entire year with a teacher that just didn't "get" him. He's incredibly intelligent, and usually a straight-A student, but he needs challenge and gets easily bored. That's not to say that she couldn't have done multiple things that other of his teachers have done -- like have him help other students, or do special assignments, or sort books, or just about anything. I talked with her at every conference about it. But she wouldn't. He would get done with his work quickly, and then be bored... and do what boys do--bug the other kids around him. :)

I was hard on him about getting along with her, and paying attention to his behavior. I told him he was solely responsible for his actions. But I ended up giving him those "extra" things to do when his work was done. And I really thought that much of his struggle was her teaching style and her inability to connect with him. I was glad when that year was over!

Stephanie said...

He will be home very late Tuesday night! :) I can't wait, but they are predicting an ice storm Mon & Tues, not good. While I don't have an issue driving in snow, ice is a different story.

I bet you were glad when the year was over, I know I will be glad when the week is over and her regular teacher comes back. I at least have my mom who is a prinicpal to guide me, let me know when I am out of line or in this case when I am completely justified.

United Studies said...

I totally believe that the reason why some children do poorly in school is because of their teachers. Some people become teachers and they just weren't meant to. Sounds like this one wasn't meant to!