Saturday, January 3

Yesterday was a Productive Day, Today? Not So Much.

Yesterday I had Lilly clean the "art room" (their tv room, computer room, and where their art table is) and sent Aidan up to clean their room. This was at 10am. At 11am Lilly was done with the art room and was sent to help Aidan. I went to check their progress at 11:30am and they hadn't gotten very far. At noon they came down for lunch then were sent back up to clean again. I went to check on them at 12:30pm, this is when I realized their idea of "cleaning" was to throw everything into the closet. I know this is completely normal, but not acceptable. I had them pull everything out of their closet and start over. At 1:30 I checked on them again, they had everything out of the closet but hadn't made much progress beyond that. So I realized I had to supervise this endeavor.

They finally finished the room around 3pm, I had been helping Sophia clean her room up and then we had a tea party. Then I decided to move their bookcases and reorganize them (AGAIN). That took me about an hour. I put all the "big" kid books on one case and all the "little" kid books on the second case. They are both nearly full and I still have a box of books in the garage. It's not a small box either.

I like books, I like that my kids enjoy reading. I used to. If I enjoy a book I have to finish it, right away. I took three literature classes my senior year and loved every book we were assigned to read. Even Shakespeare, which I took one class that was strictly Shakespeare. I don't read much anymore, I am too scatterbrained anymore. My mind swirls all the time and I have a hard time concentrating anymore. The last book I read was The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. Now my mom is pressuring me to read the Twilight series. She gave me her book and asks me all the time if I have started it yet. Nope and I don't plan on it either. Vampires don't interest me one little bit. Plus part of me is afraid my mother will be right, and I hate that. :P

I will leave you with a few pictures from yesterday's productivity.




Sophia and I having our tea party.


Delilah saying "cheese" when I whip out the camera. What they don't learn from their older siblings.


Little Kid bookcase. A little room left, but not a whole lot.


Big Kid bookcase. Also a little room left, but not a lot. I am proud to mention Lilly has read all but a few (very few) of these books.


Lilly's bed. It was made when we cleaned, but I took these today.


Picture this closet 3ft deep with toys.


Much improved.


Aidan's bed. Messy but better than before.


This bottle was full the 24th of December. Aidan decided her bed stank and sprayed half the bottle all over her bed. Their room stank for days.

2 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

twilight is great, even if you don't like vampires. it's like chocolate. loads of editorial flaws, but still impossible to put down.

United Studies said...

I second Marie. I don't know what it is about the book, but it keeps you hooked.

I also have to keep all spray bottles away from Emma, else she will try to get a room to "smell good" and I end up having to open all the windows. :-)