Tuesday, December 9

It's Snowing!

It's not the first time it's snowed this winter, but it's coming down a lot faster than last time. Maybe it will be enough to cancel today's Girl Scout Ceremonies, I don't feel like going and being social. And of course both girls have ceremonies the same day and time, so that is wonderful. My aunt is taking Lilly for me, so at least I don't have to feel the guilt of "No one is going to my ceremony!" Although Aidan maybe upset that I am going to hers instead of Patience, we will see. I also have to go get a dessert to bring with us. And I have to go to the post office to return the wool dress coat I bought and didn't notice the sizing was junior's sizing. Needless to say it did not fit. I ordered a new one in the appropriate size already.

Some pictures of recent acquisitions:

Kale's New "Top Coat" for Dressier Outings



My New Dress Coat


My Dress for Our Family Pictures


K made two of these dresses out of fabric I bought this past fall. One for Sophia and one for her "friend Abby".

Here's Abby modeling the dress. I would post one of Sophia modeling hers but it was just mailed out yesterday.



After Judy decided she wanted a family picture also, I decided for my side of the family's picture we would all wear brown and pink or black. I couldn't find anything I liked for Lilly so Keisha offered to make me one. I just had to pick a pattern and she found the fabric. She is my hero, she made the entire dress in less than 12hrs. Impressive to me as I have little to no sewing experience. I also don't have a picture of her modeling it as it was also mailed out yesterday.

I have also recently bought Aidan and Delilah wool dress coats, Sophia's my mom bought a couple of years ago at a yard sale for only $3. It's in perfect condition and only needed to be dry cleaned. I bought Lilly's last year in an after Christmas sale. I almost always buy coats a little big so they last longer than one season. We will be a well dressed family this winter. :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the coats and all of the dresses. I'm so jealous of folks who can sew. I'm very challenged in that department. :O)

Love the snow, too. It's not the first here either, but there's something about it that makes the coming of Christmas seem more real to me. I love the way it makes everything seem to clean and sparkly, too!

Stephanie said...

I too am challenged in the sewing dept. not that people haven't tried to teach me. :P

I used to love snow so much more, then we moved to MA. The ground was covered from late Oct. to early May all three years we lived there. I always wished for snow at Christmas as a child. I don't mind it so much, but it's very cold, windy, and wet. Not just snowy. :(

Jennifer said...

I love Kale's coat and yours too!! :) you guys are going to look so sharp when going out. :) I also love LOVE love your dress for family pictures!!! I bet you will look GREAT in it!!

the girls dresses are adorable. my mom was teaching me how to sew some, but i just don't get it... not naturally anyway... it is sort of forced... but maybe one day i will be better at it. reading the instructinos on the patterns is the hardest part for me, they aren't in "normal" lingo.

anyway... beautiful.

i can't wait to see your newest family pictures.

hope all is well and that maybe the snow does cancel the ceremonies today. (although it probably won't be as bad as you think it is going to be... at least that is how it usually works out for me)

it is raining here... kind of like a switch in weather for both of us.

have a great day!!

xoxoxox

United Studies said...

I love all those new coats and dresses.