Thursday, January 31

I named my baby after a Biblical whore


Apparently to some people, when you name your baby girl Delilah, pretty hebrew name meaning feminine or delicate, they can only think of the bible. Yes I did know the biblical story Samson and Delilah before I named her, I can't tell you how many times I have answered this question. So now I am having a bit of fun with it. We went to Build a Bear to spend the gift cards Santa gave the girls. As we were standing in the line of about 20 screaming children it dawned on me. "I will name Delilah's dog Samson!" I exclaimed this to my husband, who also shares my sick sense of humor and he agreed, Samson was born. I promptly called my best friend, who is much more "religous" than I and let her in on my plan. She laughed hysterically, also letting me know I was just a bit wrong. To which I replied "Hello Pot, this is Kettle." Especially since she was the one who suggested I pose Delilah with a pair of scissors about to cut off the poor dogs tail for my picture.

2 comments:

KiKi said...

OMG, too funny. My late aunt's name was Delilah.

Stephanie said...

You are the first person to tell me you knew/know a Delilah. I like unusual older traditional names.