Tuesday, March 25

Florida: Part One

It has been an exhausting two weeks. I got back from PA at 4am on Saturday morning and left again Sunday late morning. We arrived at my in laws around 7:30pm. I am trying not to bitch about this but it truly drives me nuts when my MIL does things like this to me, just a warning before I start to bitch. We stopped in town to get Subway on our way to the house, I get there and we start eating and Sophia is begging to be fed. Apparently she had yet to be fed AT 7 freaking 30, mind you her bedtime is normally between 6-7pm. I knew she would be up until I arrived but she should have been fed.

Side story: When we pulled up, I got out, Sophia came out the door, running full force, crying, laughing, saying "MOMMY!" and my husband had the nerve to scoop her up before she could get to me. She wiggled away from him and ran into my arms. My mom asked if it made me cry and she was surprised to find that it didn't.

So we are eating and I had to let the older girls share their dinner with Sophia. I go to bed relatively early, I was tired and we had a long drive the next day. My dumb ass husband stayed up way too late, knowing he would be doing the majority of the driving while I tended to the children. We needed to leave by 8-9am to be there when Cecy (former exchange student, also my sil Rosy's cousin) got off the plane in Orlando. We leave just after 9am, Grr. It ends up just perfect, Kale drops me off at baggage claim, leaves to take the girls to the house where we are staying, I arrive just in time to intercept Cecy in route to baggage claim, she and I have dinner at Chili's (it sucked) while we waited for my mom to arrive, we get my mom, get the rental, and head out a little over an hour later we are at the house where we are staying. I love TomTom, just thought I'd share.

Side Story: I wanted to put on some cooler clothing when we arrived at the airport so my husband parked the van, I changed my clothes, and before he dropped me off he needed to pee. So he gets an empty pepsi bottle and pees in it, somehow managing to get it all over his hands. Not the brightest crayon in the box. Kale had to pee on our way home and my brother asked why he didn't just pee in a bottle. I said "If he can't pee in a bottle while standing still what makes you think he could do it while riding in a moving vehicle?"

The place we stayed was beautiful. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, full kitchen, dining room, living room, deck, lake front, and FREE!!! Well, we had to pay the cleaning team $85. Kale's former neighbors (he grew up in Orlando) offered us their rental property to stay in while we were there, SCORE! The are very well off, they have three houses. Their company makes jewelry for Disney, millionaires. Kale and I took the master bedroom with Delilah in the pack n play. The three older girls took the bedroom with two twin beds w/ Sophia sleeping on her blow up sleeping bag air mattress. Cecy and Min (another exchange student from last year, I have a lot to say about her) took the other bedroom on the main floor with the full bed. My mom took the second master suite on the lower level (it was a split level house). They actually told us not to let the kids swim in the lake because of gators, like HELLO Kale grew up in a house on a lake in Florida, think he already knows that.

Since this post is already very long I will pick up with day 2 tomorrow.

2 comments:

Allie said...

LOL...he peed on his hands, lmao!!!! I'm sure it was gross but that is freaking hilarious.

Stephanie said...

I thought so too, but I don't think he felt the same way. Especially when I repeat the story to anyone who'll listen to me.