Monday, February 4

Panic at 7am

I am NOT a morning person. Until last month I hadn't taken my older children to school all year long, well once or twice. I also hadn't been getting them ready every morning and I was able to sleep until the 2yr old decided I should be awake (usually 8). So this past month I have been dragging ass. This morning as I am helping Aidan (almost 6) get dressed, I am barely awake, and this is our conversation:

A: Mommy you and daddy get to come to school today and dance in the cafeteria in your socks with me.

M: WHAT? What do you mean? Are you sure it's today?

A: Yes Mrs. U said so. (She is really very convincing.)

M: (Internally) Why haven't I heard about this? Oh shit! Today is 100 day and I haven't gotten her 100 items counted out and in a baggy. Crap I need to call Kale and ask him to find this out for me. Damnit where is the damn newsletter, they really need to give people more notice. Kale has meetings all day and I can't go with Delilah and Sophia.

All this is going on in my mind as I am paging my husband and counting out 100 Jelly Bellys into a bag. This was my actual page to my husband "WE ARE THE WORST PARENTS EVER! Today is 100 day and I forgot until just now and Aidan says we are supposed to go to the school today." I followed that page up with this one "call call call call" ummmm DUH! Like he wouldn't know to call. (To be fair I page him often with "we are the worst parents ever")

He calls, we have a frantic discussion, and he decides to call Mrs. U. He calls me back laughing:

K: Mrs. U wanted to know how we knew about the dance already. It's on Valentine's Day, a Sock Hop dance for the Kindergarteners.

M: Oh, thank God. Aidan you goof, the dance is not today.

A: YES IT IS!

M: No baby, it's on Valentine's Day.

A: OH

That child really needs to learn the concept of time.

I really need to get myself together on the weekends, I rarely forget anything during the week.

2 comments:

KiKi said...

LMAO! Too cute.

Memarie Lane said...

Stuff like this just reaffirms my decision to homeschool, LOL!