Saturday, February 2

You Wish You Had A Chinese Brother Like Me

We all went out today, well most of us, for Chinese New Year. My family has hosted many exchange students in the last 11 years. Most of them keep in touch, my brother even married one of them, and Green (the one we hosted from China 5 years ago) has yet to leave. He asked to stay with my parents while he went to college and they obliged. He's a great guy and I am proud to consider him my brother. He's very nieve, but getting much better. He's a great laugh most of the time and most of the time not on purpose.
#1 Green story of all:
Green had just recieved his drivers licence and pirchased a car. Since he didn't drink he became the DD for some buddies. He was driving them all home from the club one night and was driving in his typical way. He would drive to the white line, then jerk the wheel toward the yellow line, then once he was too close to the yellow line, he jerk the wheel again heading back to the white line. So you can imagine what the officer who was watching him drive was thinking. He pulled over and his car of course reeked of booze, there were three passed out drunk guys in the car (all of age, luckily). And if you knew Green, especially back then during his freshman year of college, you'd know he is not the best a getting across much of anything. The officer asks him the standard questions and decides Green is obviously drunk. Being that he had just cause he asks Green to do a breathilizer test, Green agrees to do so knowing he hasn't been drinking and will pass with flying colors.
The officer hands him the breathilizer and says blow into the tube. Green takes the tube, holds it an arms length away, and blows as hard as he can. The officer immediatly bursts into laughter and is so overcome with laughter his partner has to finish the test with Green while he excused himself for being unprofessional. After finally getting Green to put his mouth around the tube and blow they realize he's really not drunk and let him go, telling him to drive in the middle of the lane from now on.
I swear to you everyone in two different High Schools and the local college all knew the story by Monday.
#2 Green Story of all:
Just this Christmas my brother, his wife, and Green all went to Mexico for Christmas. That's where my SIL's family lives, she is from Monterrey Mexico. Well the very first night they were there, less than 24 hours in the country, Green nearly gets arrested and thrown into Meixcan Prison. They were at the club and Green had been drinking, he's a light weight, never drinks at all. After 2 drinks he's wasted and on his way out of the club he see's Ricky (my SIL's bro) peeing in the parking lot. So he decided to do the same, but I guess much slower. As the police are approching him he is grinning like an idiot, waving, and yelling "HOLA!". They of course want to haul his dumbass to prison. My SIL's bro's talk to the police and end up bribing them $20 to keep him out of jail. He's so damn lucky sometimes, if they hadn't accepted the bribe he would have spent Christmas in jail.
Here are a few pictures from our Chinese New Year Celebration
Aidan

Sophia & Alan
Lilly & Alan
Green, Nais, & Lele
Jason and Alan
Mom, Dad, Lilly, Aidan, Sophia, and Alan
My Dad and Green

2 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

We had 12 exchange students as I was growing up. Most from Japan, and a few from Spain, Brazil, Germany and Sweden. None of them were as interesting as Green sounds though, but maybe I was too young. Our last exchange student was when I was 10. My sister had begun to turn into a black sheep and my parents didn't think our home was a good environment for an exchange student anymore.

Stephanie said...

We've had 9 that have been with us the whole year. Mostly from Gremany (3) and Mexico (3). My parents started hosting when I was 17. My brother is married to one of the mexicans and my sil's cousin came last year as a student. The current exchange students Lele and Nais are from Italy and France. My mom is a coordinator for PAX and places students also.