Friday, February 15

Thinking

I was reading two new blogs today, start to finish as I always do when I find someone interesting, and they got me to thinking. Side note: They being Friday Night Ambulance & J.
They are military wives too and apparently I am not the only wife who thinks some military families are "trashy". I hate when I see thirty unsupervised children running amuck in my neighborhood, some as young as TWO! I hate that my neighbors dog is trying to commit suicide by jumping out (from behind a car) directly in front of my van. Elvis is damn lucky I keep a good eye out for creatures and children, plus I go below the speed limit in my neighborhood. Which is really hard, cause the speed limit is only 15. My husband hates that he has personally nearly hit the same neighbor child at least three times. WATCH YOUR FREAKING KIDS AND PETS PEOPLE! I watch mine. Mine are never unsupervised...outdoors...indoors is a different thing. I have had my fair share of colored on walls, make up on the floors, nail polish all over the 2yr old. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But nothing that will KILL my children.

I have tried in vain to make military family friends. I have only come up with one couple, in 9yrs. They are like us though, at least K is like me and C is like Kale. The men are dorks and sometimes (most of the time) get on our nerves. K and I dislike trashy people who don't watch their children and have few military family friends. I feel like a fish out of water, my family is not trashy, at least not my immediate family. I do have some hillbilly family in the mountains of PA, but I digress. K is more social than I am and can handle stupid people better than I can. I am very non-social most of the time, prefering to hang out with my family. I still have friends from high school, but see them very rarely. So soon, I hope, K and I will be reunited again. And back to our old antics, like Allie and J.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of our blogs last night. We totally feel the same way as you, only seriously in my neighborhood there is a one year old that crosses the street without an adult, that is scary. As for your previous post, I am a total shopping whore too, seems like we have a lot in common.

Stephanie said...

That is scary and very sad.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your blogs.