Saturday, February 16

I.AM.A.FREAK

I know it, I try to hide it, but it's so hard. I have a problem. A shopping problem. Actually I don't really think it's a problem, no one is complaining about my shopping....yet. I buy a lot of stuff and go shopping way too much. Mind you I never shop beyond my means. LIES! Okay, I occasionally shop beyond my means, but that is what credit is for, right? :P Anyways, trust me no one is going hungry, going naked, or going without toys in this house. So the beyond my means part doesn't happen often.

My kids have way too many clothes. Way to many toys. They are way to spoiled, not all my fault. I love clothes and I love having four daughters to dress up. I buy them special outfits for each holiday. Today I bought them each an Easter outfit, to wear after church with Grammie and Pop. Trust me I could not pass up the chance of dressing them to the nines for church, but afterwards they needed "play clothes".

I hate to admit this and I am really trying to improve myself, but I am a Clothes Snob. There, I said it, It's out in the open now. I hate when I see kids (whose parents have more money than my husband and I) dressing trashy. I know the child can't help it, but the parent can. When they choose to give their children Goodwill clothing (nothing wrong with that if you can't afford better) when they have a brand new car, a brand new truck, a brand new Harley, and just bought a house all on dual military salary. It just burns me up to see this happen to children, especially when their parents just choose to have nice things for themselves in lu of decent clothing for their children. I seriously had given away nicer clothes to Goodwill than these girls were wearing. And they had "new" shoes, that didn't even fit. It was very sad for me to see this, especially knowing what I knew about their parents spending habits. They could have all the new stuff and cigarettes daily, but decent clothing for the kids just wasn't in the "budget".

I will get down off my high horse now. I really just meant for this post to be about my shopping issues and all the cute stuff I found today. I love Target.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Okay, looks like I am in the club now, I just finished reading your entire blog, so now we are all up to date on everyone's blogs.

Stephanie said...

HA! That's good, seems like we know everything there is to know about each other. Or at least what we were willing to tell the world.