Sunday, March 9

I might finally get some sleep tonight, or maybe not...

Delilah finally cut her first tooth last night. She has been working on it for a week, thus keeping us up late at night. Again last night she was up from 2-3am, we did everything we could (change her, feed her, give her motrin, cuddle her, give her her pacifier a dozen times) and finally after an hour of fighting I laid her down and she feel asleep. We have been going through this all this week. I thought it might be because of teething, but I figured it was just because she was sick and I was hoping it was not going to be a permanent arrangement. If it would be permanent I might actually jump off a bridge (not really, but it sounds good).

It's very strange how much my daughters are very like each other. Lilly & Sophia and then Aidan & Delilah are practically identical twins born at different times. Lilly and Sophia have the same face, same strong personality, they take pain much better than the other two, they aren't as dramatic as the other two, they both are bossy, they both are LOUD, the list could go on and on. They are just that similar. It's hard to tell (beyond looks and the fact that Delilah seemingly is a drama queen with low pain tolerance and tendency to get sick easier just like Aidan) if they will be as similar as Lilly & Sophia are. Everyone thinks all four are clones of Lilly, but really Lilly and Sophia looks favor my own and Aidan and Delilah, even though they do look a lot like their sisters and I, they still favor their daddy just a little. They especially favor his low pain tolerance and his tendency to be a big ol' drama queen, oh and then there is his face shape, they have that too. Unfortunately all four girls got his ears, with Lilly getting the worst of them. At least they are girls and can cover them with their hair :P. They also all have his long eyelashes (they get the thickness from me) and they all had/have his blue eyes. Lilly's changed over to green like me at five years old and poor Sophia, hers are starting to change as well. Mine were blue until I was five as well. And their blue eyes are deeper blue than his. Oh and they are all going to be short, like me.

No comments: