Sunday, March 9

Sometimes when you are down, life kicks you as you are trying to climb back up.

My grandma died today. It wasn't as shocking as when my grandpa (her husband) died a few years ago, but still surprising. Not even really surprising really, just sad. She has been in the hospital for over a month. She had leukemia and her immune system was non existent. She got sick and they thought she had pneumonia. They decided to take a sample of the fluid in her lungs and when they sedated her, her blood pressure dropped, her doctor panicked, and put her on a respirator. Since then they have tried many times to get her off of the respirator, unsuccessfully. My aunt decided today, along with her sisters and my father, to take her off life support and she passed very soon after.

We head for PA on Tuesday morning. Kale, Lilly, and Aidan are staying behind. The army has changed it's policy on emergency leave and it no longer includes death of grandparents, bullshit in my opinion. So he has to stay and since the girls have school and I don't want them at the funeral anyway, they will stay with him. I may blog tomorrow, but probably not again until we return from PA. And then we turn right around and head to FL, so my blog may be deserted for a week or two.

I am kind of numb right now. It hasn't hit me fully yet.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh sweetie, i'm sorry to hear about your grandma. :( it is so hard to loose a grandparent, or any family member really.
you and your family are in my thoughts! please be careful traveling. if you need to chat you can email me, jennb0305@hotmail.com
i'm here to listen. :)
extra HUGS today {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
jenn

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much.

KiKi said...

REALLY DOES SUCK. One of my newest blog friends Christie recently lost her grandma too.

My condolences!!!!! My heart is with you.