Sunday, April 13

Did I ever tell you how much I HATE ants?!

It's been a freaking busy ass weekend. Friday morning I had to go Target to find a new swimsuit, flip flops, and goggles for Lilly for her trip to Great Wolf Lodge that afternoon. And then I stopped at Babies R Us to buy a high chair for Delilah, I had a 15% off coupon. Friday afternoon we dropped Lilly off at the commissary so she could go with her Girl Scout Troop to GWL for the night. Then we went out shopping (Kale, Aidan, Sophia, Delilah, and I) and met up with Jason, Rosy, and Alan at the mall. Didn't get much, had to return a shirt I had bought for Alan for the picture, but had fun people watching. Then we went to Babies R Us so I could return yet another shirt I had bought for Alan that was not the right color for the picture. Then they left to go home, we went out to dinner at Applebee's, and then to Target to return a few things. I had bought two different size swimsuits for Lilly to try on, I wasn't sure which would fit, so I had return the other and the soccer socks with shin guards built in that didn't fit her. After Target it was late and time to get kids to bed, after 10pm unusual for my kids to even be out that late.

Saturday we tried to sleep in, well I slept in anyways. Kale didn't, Delilah wanted up at 7:45am. Sophia and Aidan both slept in until 9am, pretty good for them. I was able to shower myself, Aidan, and Sophia, get us all dressed, and get the diaper bag ready in the amount of time Kale was in the bathroom "reading". This is my daily complaint about him. I HATE how long he takes in the bathroom "reading". Well anyways, then I took the three girls with me, we went to the commissary to pick up sandwich fixings, and then headed to my mom's for lunch. Kale was moving Lilly's bed into Aidan's room and all of their toys into Lilly's room. I am so sick of the mess both of their rooms are I decided they will sleep in the big room and play in the small room. No toys will be allowed in the room they sleep in, it will be pretty. After he picked Lilly up at 4, he took Aidan and Delilah to a birthday party and I took Lilly and Sophia to a BBQ with family friends along with my parents, the teens, and Jason's family. We were there for a couple of hours then met back up with Kale at my parents house were we watched a movie together, and then Kale, Delilah, and I went home.

This morning we were able to sleep until 9:30am, but then had to jump up and get ready quickly. I called my mom to find out if the girls needed clothes and she informed me that Lilly was quite grumpy and crying at the drop of a hat, very out of character. But she had spent the last two nights staying up late so I knew it was coming. Kale, Delilah, and I got ready and headed over to my parents house. He took Lilly and Aidan home and my mom, the teens, Rosy, Sophia, and I went to Independence Center to get Sophia's ears pierced. We had to get it done in Missouri because my mom and Nais wanted cartilage pierced and in Kansas it's considered a body piercing which can only be done at a tattoo parlor. I wasn't about to take Sophia to a tattoo parlor for an ear piercing so we drove the 45mins to Independence, Mo.

On the way there we stopped at Kaufman Stadium where the Royals play baseball. My mom had vouchers she needed to exchange for tickets. This was a royal pain in this ass since there was a home game today. We had to pay the parking fee, tell everyone in a yellow vest that we were just going to the ticket counter and didn't want to park, wait in line for the tickets, and then get our money back for parking. Apparently on game days you have to pay to park even if you aren't, but with a receipt showing you just wanted to buy tickets you can get your money back.

The first thing we did at the mall was eat, well actually we peed first then ate. Then we went to get the ear piercing out of the way. There are pictures below. Sophia was very good, she didn't cry until I cleaned her ears after they had already been pierced. Then I popped her paci in and she was good to go. I know, I know, it's time for paci to go. Then mom had hers done, then Nais who was hilarious when she had hers done, and finally Lele. I would have done mine too, but I already have four holes on each lobe and two cartilage piercings I just don't wear earrings in them anymore.

After we shopped for a while, we headed home. Green was cooking dinner for everyone, he had some good news to share. The only thing he knows how to make is 5 cup chicken, I personally can't get past the vinegar smell to even try it. Rosy tried it for the first time tonight and said she liked it. She is just about as picky as I am. Green's good news was that the company he has been working part time for while going to college is giving him a verbal agreement to hire him when he graduates in Dec. This is good because they will sponsor him for his green card. This is especially good news for Kale, before Green joined our family he was the family doofus and now Green is taking the brunt of my dad's teasing. I keep telling Kale that my dad teases everyone, it's his way of showing affection. After dinner we all went to Dairy Queen for dessert, then home to put the kiddos to bed. All of them went straight to bed except Delilah who just finally gave up 15mins ago. Kale had to go into work at 9 and hopefully will be home soon. I am exhausted, I think I will stay home tomorrow and maybe Tuesday too.

Oh and the title of this post is because I freaking hate ants. I came home to a plate in the sink being COVERED with them on Saturday night. We have had an ant problem every spring and summer since we moved in and they do nothing about it. I have tried several times to get rid of them myself with no luck. And since I have 4 children, no crumbs is not an option. I can look on the brighter side, I hate roaches more and I don't have those. And I am pretty sure mice would freak me out more than ants too, but I don't have those either. So until I get one of those, I will be bitching about ants.

How was everyone elses weekend?

Oh yeah and BTW, it freaking snowed both Saturday and Sunday. Kansas weather sucks ass!









3 comments:

Stephanie said...

My friend K just told me "now maybe people will know she's a girl"

Memarie Lane said...

My daughter's ears are unpierced (and will stay that way) and no one has ever mistaken her for a boy. :P

The girl doing the piercing doesn't even look old enough to have a job, let alone poking holes in peoples ears!

Stephanie said...

Marie,

I figure from your smiley that you get the sarcasim in the comment Keisha made ;P I don't think Sophia has ever been mistaken for a boy. She's had a full head of hair and worn nothing but girly colors since birth. You honestly could put pig tails in her hair at birth, she was born with the most out of my girls.

I know she was very young, but I believe she had to be at least 18 to do the pirecing. I could be wrong, but I know for sure she followed every procedure to the letter. Especially since you have to be 18 to get your ears pierced without parental consent.

All three of the bigger girls have had their ears pierced between the ages of 2-3. Rosy (sil) wanted me to do Delilah's yesterday too, but I can't take the crying in pain from babies. In Mexico they do it right after birth, in the delivery room, so she thought it was odd I waited so long. I was 5 when mine were pierced, my aunt took me. And I had one ear pierced for 6mths before they convinced me to get the other done. I told them if I had been them, I'd have held me down.