Friday, April 18

Forced Cleaning

My aunt called last night at 5:30 letting me know she was coming over with Matthew her grandson. My house? Looked like ASS! And out of all of my aunts? She's the cleanest and when I say cleanest, I mean her house is ALWAYS spotless. I have been spending time regularly at her house since she moved to KS in 1993 and I have never once been disgusted by her house. So I told Kale that we had to hurry and clean. We had clean laundry piled on one seat on the couch, on the chair, and in three different baskets on the floor. I have been washing clothes but not folding and putting them away. And since I cleaned the bathroom, hallway, and stairwell yesterday I had piled everything up that didn't belong in one of those three places on the living room floor. Plus the kitchen floor was dirty and the dishes needed to be loaded in the dishwasher. I was happy I didn't have to hurry to clean the bathroom since I had already done that in the morning. I was able to by myself an hour since Aidan had to be picked up from her b-day party at 6:30, so we were able to make the downstairs (except the laundry room, I just closed that door) presentable. Of course I forbade her from going upstairs, but she did anyways and saw all that I was trying to hide and more. URGH!

On a different note, Aidan went to a garden themed birthday party last night. They painted terra cotta pots and her Easter dress was ruined in the process. The girls mother was very apologetic, almost to tears, and she offered to pay for a replacement. But it's not that big of a deal, she wore it three times I guess that makes up for the $32 I spent on it. Most of the time they only wear their dresses once and then they go into the closet. So I am not worried about her paying me back or anything and I wouldn't want her to feel badly. I know anything they are wearing can be ruined at anytime and I still dress them nicely. It won't change my habits and I am not going to be mad at someone when I dressed them that way, it's not her fault Aidan wipes her hands all over her clothes. It's actually mine for not "beating" the habit out of her. ;P

No comments: