Wednesday, February 13

Teeth

My poor Lilly, she looks like a jack-o-lantern. She is missing 4 out of 8 front teeth and one of her grown up teeth is growing in overtop of the baby one. Bizarre I know. The dentist has given her until tomorrow to get it out, she's had three weeks and it's still there. She is not a normal child. Normal children wiggle the tooth until it falls out, at the first sign of any give in the tooth. This tooth has been wiggly for a year and it's still freaking in there. I don't really want to pay 60% of whatever it costs to have the damn thing yanked. She really needs to get it out of there.

The worst part is (and I know I am a horrible mother for bringing it up) that she has such a goofy looking smile right now. I want to tell her not to smile showing teeth for her school picture on the 28th. But I know that might hurt her feelings. I say might because she is not easily offended. She is really rather thick-skinned. So I will keep my big trap shut, look back at the picture in 10-15 yrs, and laugh my ass off with her.

P.S. My mom calls her Hillbilly Lilly.

Nephew Update: Alan is now 20lbs 13ozs, 26 3/4 inches. He just turned 6mths Monday.

No comments: