Friday, March 7

Things are happening, way too fast.

Kale has his first PCS briefing this afternoon, he's already put in his PCS leave form, and he will be done working in mid-April. My life is changing very fast and I am not pleased about it. I haven't had a lot of time to think about it yet. With the kids sick, Delilah still sick, and our trip to Florida coming up so quickly, I just haven't had the time to feel sorry for myself. That is good, I can't wallow yet. As soon as we get back from FL the wallowing will start.

Our summer plans have already taken a hit because of him leaving. Our original plan was for Judy (mil) to fly out here and fly back with Lilly, Aidan, and Sophia. Then Kale, Delilah, and I would drive out two weeks later. Now Judy wants to fly here as planned then ride back with all four kids and I. Then we will stay until the end of June, she'll ride back with me, and then she'll fly home. This all came about because Kale brought up to her that she would have to ride back with me and then we'd fly her home, but the girls would still fly out with her as planned. Apparently she didn't like the idea of Delilah and I driving the 10 hrs to TN alone. I was not worried, Lilly and I used to drive 8hrs back and forth every other mth from Ft. Knox to KC. But whatever, she has always thought I can't handle myself. I can say no, but I don't want to hurt her feelings. I would like her to come out here every couple of months to help while he's gone. So I will go and I won't get my break like I thought I would, I will survive.


Also we had bought season passes to Worlds of Fun for the kids and we are going to have to try and get our money back. There is no way I am taking four kids there by myself and I can't really expect someone in my family to want to go with us every week. So that sucks, but I guess we will try again for next year. And I will take Lilly and Aidan once this summer by myself or maybe all of them while Judy is here. They aren't going to be happy with me, but they will survive.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

things going fast only sucks b/c that means soon your husband will be leaving, but things going fast and keeping your mind from worrying more than you are, or for feeling stressed and sorry for yourself is a good thing.
plans are made to be broken. oh wait that is rules. sorry. duh! i'm sorry your summer plans aren't going to work out for this year, but there are a lot more summers to come! :) that is nice that your mil is going to help you out and that she is concerned about you. :) i hope you get a lot of help from family. although you can do it yourself, you don't need to.
i can't wait to hear about Fl and what the girls all think of it.
hugs, jenn

Stephanie said...

I am not a big fan of feeling sorry for myself, so you are right that it's good I don't have time to think.

I sure hope they have a blast, we've been planning the trip since November.