Tuesday, January 6

Off and Running

Now that I completed my first project I went out and found some more fabric I liked. I bought fabric to make Lilly, Aidan, and Sophia Valentine's Day shirts and Delilah a dress. I found a cute white with tiny red hearts fabric, for Delilah I am doing a tiered dress with the white w/red hearts fabric and a red w/white hearts fabric. I think it will turn out cute. The best part? No buttons or zippers on her dress. :P

I am exhausted, I haven't caught up from Sunday night. I planned to go to bed early last night, but at 7 my parents showed up. I was caught way off guard and my kitchen (where my mother always goes first) was a complete disaster from dinner. I normally clean the kitchen before bed and it was really dirty last night since I sewed instead of cleaned Sunday night. They came over and informed my that Jason and Rosy told them to bring my van to pick them up at the airport. Of course, as usual with my family, not everyone (me) was privied to this information. My van was a wreck, but whatever, beggars can't be choosers.

The best part of them borrowing my van? My dad gassed it up for me when they got back in town. :) He even filled it all the way up when I had less than 3/4 of a tank. The worst part? I had to stay up until they came back with the van. Which was 10:45pm. I was extremely tired. I really should have napped while they were gone, but stupidly I watched tv and surfed the web for Easter dress patterns and fabrics. -BTW, off subject, but I think I am going to go with Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit toile for their dresses. They have it in four different colors! But it's kind of pricey, like $7-10 a yard. We will see, I have months to think about it and look around.

Sophia, Delilah, and I went to Walmart today to pick up scrapbooks I had made at the photo center. While there I also picked up $45 worth of fabric, supplies, and patterns. But that's enough to make all four Valentine's Day shirts/dress and two yards each of two fabrics I just fell in love with. I can make at least two more things with those, maybe 3 or four depending on what I make. After Walmart we went to see Rosy and Alan. The kids played and had fun while Rosy and I caught up. We hadn't talked much these past few weeks. It was a nice visit.

Now I am waiting for my dryer to finish, then I will put my washed fabric in to dry. I plan on cutting out Aidan's dress tonight and starting to sew it tomorrow, depending of course, on how well Delilah and Sophia are behaving.

3 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

This hobby is getting expensive! :P

Stephanie said...

As they usually do.... :(

Jennifer said...

you are a little sewing champ!! i love that you love it and are getting into it so much. i think the valentines stuff will come out GREAT and i love the idea for the Easter dresses, but i'm a HUGE fan of toile. :)

I have made the girls pillow cases from dora fabric, it was way cheaper to buy the fabric and make them then to buy them premade. and i plan on making them some curtains and extra sheets and stuff like that when we have their room more put together and figure out what kind of bedding we are going to get.

I would think about making them some duvet covers and/or a quilt but I'm not sure yet... but considering it. :) those are the things I can handle sewing. lol

i hate when my house is a mess and people show up... ugh. that drives me crazy. but at least it was only your parents. (it still bothers me when it is my parents, but what can you do?) lol

i'm glad you got a nap yesterday after all the late nights you have had. i slept some on the couch yesterday but only for about 20 mins. it felt so good though.

then i went to bed for a few hours after dinner, till I got up to take a shower and tuck the kids in. Good thing too, b/c Trevor was up at 5:15 this morning throwing up. ugh.

well anyway... can't wait to see more of your projects!!

xoxoxo